Monday 25 June 2007

Yahaay!

I have finally managed to wear wifey down and she has agreed to let me have a new camera. Yesterday I went to Jessops to purchase the camera, which they had on special offer. Unfortunately they didn't have any in stock, lots of posters on the wall advertising the offer, but no actual camera. So I asked if they could ring their other store to see if they had one in stock. Yes they did hooray! but it's £20 more boo! I ask why it is £20 more, "because it's silver" comes the reply, I refrain from asking how much a pink one would be, and decline their offer to save me one. When I returned home I rang the Beverley store (8 miles away) to be told they didn't have any either, but the man very helpfully informed me that they had 7 in stock at their York store (35 miles away). I eventually ordered it on line, so like me you will all have to wait a while for new improved photos to appear on this blog. Oh, and if you ever need anything related to photography, don't go to Jessops!. Mind you Currys were no better but that's another story.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think some stores do things like that to get customers to come in. Once the unsuspecting shopper is in the store will pull a trick like they don't have the item or try to get you to buy a more expensive one. Money speaks loudly.

Chikken said...

Oh, how maddening!

I just got a new camera too and it is overwhelming...it has so many options and controls...argh! I am in love with it though. Can't wait to hear more about yours!

Chikken said...

Oh, how maddening!

I just got a new camera too and it is overwhelming...it has so many options and controls...argh! I am in love with it though. Can't wait to hear more about yours!

Nessa said...

Yipee! You got the hardest part accomplished (getting wifey to agree.) Can't wait to see. Take a picture of the new camera when you get it.