Sunday 18 January 2009

Cawthorne, Wheeldale and Egton



Today we drove to Cawthorne Woods (that's my shadow in the bottom left corner). Just before we got there we saw a flock of at least a hundred Fieldfares and in the woods managed to spot a Treecreeper, taking us to 54 for the year. After Cawthorne we drove over Wheeldale Moor where we spotted a Stonechat (number 55), but not much else. We then stopped at the stepping stones at Egton Bridge where normally we would expect to see a Dipper and a Grey Wagtail, but the water levels were too high, which covered the rocks we normally see them on. So, a nice weekend out and about, but unfortunately it's back to work tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liking the stepping stones, Bazza. Bet they can be tricky to cross, in bad weather.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous scenery. When I come to visit are you going to take me to all these places?

Ed & Jeanne said...

I like the stepping stone shot.

Kev Brown said...

I really hope I pass my driving test in a couple of weeks so that I can get out and about with my camera! Even though there wasn't many birds, they are still nice photo's!