Monday 29 January 2007

What's the point

A burglar alarm went off locally this morning at 4am and was still going at 7am, so no sleep for the neigbourhood. The whole purpose of Burglar alarms are to protect your home by deterring burglars. Why is it all they seem to do is annoy everyone else, and now that you can get a DVD player from ASDA for under a tenner is there any point in burglary anymore? Maybe there's a new currency in certain pubs across the city, " I'll have a pint please barman" "certainly mate That'll be a DVD player"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bazza! I returned the favour and popped in.

I like what I see. Now to add you to my blogroll... it might take a while with my pathetic connection though.

By the way, what the hell is that on your workbench?

Anonymous said...

I used to live in an upstairs apartment downtown next to the bank and across the street from the police station. The bank burglar alarm went off about 2 a.m. At 4 a.m. I called the police, then they showed up. Apparently the alarm system was so old, it was just a noise maker and not attached to any monitoring company!

Catch said...

My parents had an alarm in their house, when it went off it always notified the police right away, and I have to say they always came right away, usually my Mom had pushed something wrong on it...lol.

Dr.John said...

After the church was b roken into twice we put in a full church alarm system but the calling feature went out of whack. About twice a week the alarm went off at 2 in the morning. I would get up. Pull on saome pants, grab a coat and go over. Uusally it was false alarm or it scared somebody off. But one night after i reset it and wa swalking home I turned around and a drunk came staggering out. I don't know where he was when I hollared are there any crooks in here.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that would be maddening!
Game's back up by the way, bro.