Wednesday 31 December 2008

Not no more, no never


2 years ago to the day I blogged this photo, stating that people would gather at this fountain at midnight to celebrate the new year. I said as a father of young children, I wouldn't be joining them, but maybe in a couple of years, who knows. Well the short answer is, I won't be doing it this year, due to the riot that occured there last year. It's a sad fact that for every drunk that wants to kiss you, there's another that wants to punch you. So on that happy note, I bid you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, there`s always some morons that have to spoil it.

Just noticed on your profile, that your favourite music includes the Clash & Rancid. Top bloke, Bazza.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Bazza. Forgot to add my name to the above.

Bazza said...

Thank you Dean for your kind comments, have a top bloke yourself!

Anonymous said...

Of course, there are some homes that have those same type fights ....

Glad you're too sensible for all that stuff. The only thumpin' the world needs is music!

HAppy New Year, Bazza!

JJ said...

Bazza, a wise choice. On OPE it was largely quite, although it was evident that a few young 'un's can't take their booze. I'm too old to be hangin' round fountains, especially when it's sub-zero.

Have a great 2009.