Saturday 3 March 2007

Going down, down, down


This is the underground, the little blue sign says keep to the right. This is because people who live and work in London run every where. It's quite strange to be going down, or up an escalator, to have people running past you, and I'm not talking fast walking here, I'm talking running. And another thing, this picture doesn't do it justice, but these escalators are frighteningly steep. Having said all that the underground is brilliant, getting from a to b couldn't be easier, and it's cheap too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Run everywhere? I believe I will ship Izzy to London!

Dr.John said...

Not for me> I get dizzy looking at the picture.

Louisiana said...

i have never in anything like that. i wonder if i would be feel a bit closed in or if being underground would feel caved in...i hope someday i get to find out by visiting such a place he, he..

i'm grateful that in the meantime, you have taken me to another side of London than the usual pics on tourist programs and movies. thanks friend.

hugs to the kids and your beautiful wife.

Anonymous said...

Yikes. I fear I would be quite claustrophobic, as efficient as it certainly is.

Catch said...

I have always heard of the underground...thanks for sharing a picture of it!!! I couldnt go in there....Im too claustrophobic....I cant even go on a bridge that goes underwater...Im a sissy!

Nessa said...

That makes me feel a little queasy.